- I’m not a doctor, this is not medical advice. This is my experience
- Testosterone levels are rapidly declining
- Here’s my take on it…
It starts with obesity and poor diet. What is a poor diet? Fast food, fatty foods, refined carbs etc. Our early ancestors’ diets consisted of meats from large animals, season fruit and veg, and starches.
- Eat more meats, particularly leaner cuts (but not too lean)
- Cut bad fats (such as oils, fried foods, fast food)
One of the most important things is to avoid technology as much as possible. Being on your phone and computer has an inverse correlation with your testosterone levels. Don’t believe me? Look at the biggest advocates of technology, their testosterone levels are the lowest.
- Cut down computer/screen time
- Sleep with your phone off or away from your body
- Spend more time on the move and outdoors
Next thing is to focus on strength training and exercise. Overtraining on the one hand can actually reduce your testosterone. Aim for 45 minutes, 5 days a week. Focus on 8-15 reps, train a certain body part every 3-7 days (depending on the muscle). Give it time to rest before training the same body part again.
- Train legs and back for size. These are the 2 biggest muscle groups.
- Incorporate some cardio.
Finally, we’re on to masturbating. Masturbating excessively can reduce your testosterone. If you refrain for a few days, your testosterone builds up. It’s a simple biological thing. When you masturbate, you essentially tell your body that you have satisfied its sexual needs. Conversely, if you never masturbate or have sex, you teach your body it does not need to have sex. The sweet spot to maximise testosterone is in the middle.
- Waiting 7 days between ejaculation/masturbation maximises testosterone
- After 7 days, your test levels will drop. So keep it under 7 days.
- You won’t be penalised however, if you have sex and ejaculate often. Having sex is good for test levels.